Golden Visa in the UAE
The Golden Visa is a residency program that was launched by the UAE government in 2019. It allows investors, entrepreneurs, and talented individuals to obtain long-term residency in the country. The program offers ten-year residency visas, the longest by far. Perks of obtaining a golden visa include, but are not limited to the ability to maintain your residency status even if you spend more than six months outside the UAE, not requiring a sponsor in the country, the ability to sponsor family members no matter their age as well as the ability to sponsor an unlimited number of domestic helpers. The requirements for obtaining a golden visa vary depending on the type of resident.
For Investors in Public Investments:
1. A deposit of AED 2,000,000 in a UAE-accredited investment fund;
2. A valid commercial or industrial license and a memorandum of association indicating that the investor’s capital is not less than AED two million;
3. Pay AED 250,000 annually to the government in taxes.
For Real Estate Investors:
1. Purchase of property worth no less than AED 2,000,000;
2. Purchase a property using a loan from designated local banks, valued at no less than AED 2,000,000.
1. Have a project valued at a no less than 500,000 dirhams;
2. Obtain an endorsement from the relevant authority in the emirate to confirm that the proposed project is of a technical or futuristic nature;
3. Partner with an accredited business incubator in the UAE to establish the proposed activity in the country.
For Executive Directors:
1. A salary of AED 30,000 per month;
2. A Bachelor’s Degree;
3. A letter of experience, confirming the duration the position has been held.
For Retired Foreigners:
1. Own real estate valued at no less than AED 1000,000;
2. Income of AED 15,000 post-retirement.
The Golden Visa program aims to attract foreign investment, boost economic growth, attract and retain talent to the UAE. For outstanding specialised talent, visa applications are approved on a case by case basis. This includes doctors, engineers, scientists, inventors, creatives, athletes and outstanding students. Frontline heroes such as medical professionals who made an extraordinary effort during the Covid-19 Pandemic and pioneers of humanitarian work can also receive consideration due to their valiant efforts.
For Doctors and Scientists:
1. A permit issued by the UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention to practice medicine (for doctors);
2. A recommendation letter from the Emirates Council of Scientists or a letter from the Secretariat of the Mohammed bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence confirming that the applicant has received the Medal of Scientific Excellence (for scientists).
1. High school students must achieve a minimum grade of 95 per cent in public or private secondary school or become national-level toppers;
2. University students enrolled in A-Class universities must achieve a GPA of 3.5 and those enrolled in B-class universities must achieve a GPA of 3.8.
Obtaining a golden visa can be highly lucrative for students and professionals alike. It can help establish UAE as homebase for all kinds of professional and entrepreneurial endeavors, rid individuals of the need of a sponsor and give access to the Esaad privilege card issued by Dubai Police as a special perk recently announced by the UAE Government.
If you would like any further information on the Golden Visa and residency in the UAE, please contact the Nimbus office in Dubai: firstname.lastname@example.org or your dedicated Nimbus account manager.
Browse more insights into Dubai’s business scene.
Everything You Need To Know about Business Licensing in Dubai
Everything You Need to Know about Business Licensing in Dubai If you’ve made the transformative decision to bring your business to Dubai, the first step is to ensure that you’re acquiring the correct business license to suit your needs. Compulsory for engaging in commercial activities, a business license is the
Looking Ahead to Expo 2020 Dubai
Looking Ahead to Expo 2020 Dubai Originally slated to be held in—you guessed it—2020, the Expo was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Thankfully, with the impacts of the virus waning and a global vaccination effort that’s progressing smoothly—particularly in the Middle East—Expo 2020 Dubai can finally be held
4 Fintech Events You Should Mark Your Calendar for in 2023
4 Fintech Events You Should Mark Your Calendar for in 2023 Dubai is one of the most fintech-friendly locations in the world, and a real hub of contemporary finance, welcoming businesses from Europe and around the world to outstanding events. Events in Dubai regularly attract top professionals, world leaders,