Golden Visa in the UAE
The Golden Visa is a residency program that was launched by the UAE government in 2019. It allows investors, entrepreneurs, and talented individuals to obtain long-term residency in the country. The program offers ten-year residency visas, the longest by far. Perks of obtaining a golden visa include, but are not limited to the ability to maintain your residency status even if you spend more than six months outside the UAE, not requiring a sponsor in the country, the ability to sponsor family members no matter their age as well as the ability to sponsor an unlimited number of domestic helpers. The requirements for obtaining a golden visa vary depending on the type of resident.
For Investors in Public Investments:
1. A deposit of AED 2,000,000 in a UAE-accredited investment fund;
2. A valid commercial or industrial license and a memorandum of association indicating that the investor’s capital is not less than AED two million;
3. Pay AED 250,000 annually to the government in taxes.
For Real Estate Investors:
1. Purchase of property worth no less than AED 2,000,000;
2. Purchase a property using a loan from designated local banks, valued at no less than AED 2,000,000.
1. Have a project valued at a no less than 500,000 dirhams;
2. Obtain an endorsement from the relevant authority in the emirate to confirm that the proposed project is of a technical or futuristic nature;
3. Partner with an accredited business incubator in the UAE to establish the proposed activity in the country.
For Executive Directors:
1. A salary of AED 30,000 per month;
2. A Bachelor’s Degree;
3. A letter of experience, confirming the duration the position has been held.
For Retired Foreigners:
1. Own real estate valued at no less than AED 1000,000;
2. Income of AED 15,000 post-retirement.
The Golden Visa program aims to attract foreign investment, boost economic growth, attract and retain talent to the UAE. For outstanding specialised talent, visa applications are approved on a case by case basis. This includes doctors, engineers, scientists, inventors, creatives, athletes and outstanding students. Frontline heroes such as medical professionals who made an extraordinary effort during the Covid-19 Pandemic and pioneers of humanitarian work can also receive consideration due to their valiant efforts.
For Doctors and Scientists:
1. A permit issued by the UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention to practice medicine (for doctors);
2. A recommendation letter from the Emirates Council of Scientists or a letter from the Secretariat of the Mohammed bin Rashid Medal for Scientific Excellence confirming that the applicant has received the Medal of Scientific Excellence (for scientists).
1. High school students must achieve a minimum grade of 95 per cent in public or private secondary school or become national-level toppers;
2. University students enrolled in A-Class universities must achieve a GPA of 3.5 and those enrolled in B-class universities must achieve a GPA of 3.8.
Obtaining a golden visa can be highly lucrative for students and professionals alike. It can help establish UAE as homebase for all kinds of professional and entrepreneurial endeavors, rid individuals of the need of a sponsor and give access to the Esaad privilege card issued by Dubai Police as a special perk recently announced by the UAE Government.
If you would like any further information on the Golden Visa and residency in the UAE, please contact the Nimbus office in Dubai: firstname.lastname@example.org or your dedicated Nimbus account manager.
Browse more insights into Dubai’s business scene.
Why Dubai Should Be at the Top of Your Destination List In our blog, we regularly cover a variety of important topics, from taxes and financial planning to travel tips and visa requirements. While all of this information is important to prospective expats targeting Dubai, sometimes, it’s nice to
Looking into Dubai’s near Future COVID-19 has undoubtedly made long-term planning extremely difficult. Considering that no one truly knows the timetable for a full economic recovery, businesses have been implementing a variety of measures to ensure that their operations are sustainable in the short term. That being said, it’s important
Your Guide to 2023s Dubai Leadership Conference Whether you already have a business in Dubai or are looking to set one up in the future, you probably want to be the best you that you can be to take your business to new heights! We, like so many others, believe